Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sweet and Sour Meetballs

This recipe isn't that healthy but it sure is good! Everyone in our house loves it (Hubby just informed me he would give it six out of five stars) and there are hardly ever leftovers! I don't know of anyone who made these except my mom and I was lucky enough to have her send it to me days before her passing so its definitely comfort food to me.


1 lb lean ground beef
1/2 cut rolled oats
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/3 cup onion finely chopped
3/4 tea salt
Few grains pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup milk

Combine all ingredients; mix well. Form into balls, each about 2 inches in diameter.
Place in casserole dish in a single layer.
Cover with sauce (below)

Sauce:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tsp prepared mustard
1/4 c barbecue sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
Combine all ingredients and blend thoroughly.
Pour over meatballs

350 degrees
30 minutes

Serve over rice

No comments:

Post a Comment