Thursday, February 4, 2010

Banana Bread

- Susan Adair

One of the more reliable banana bread recipes I've found when you've got 3 overly ripe bananas you don't want to toss. I'd love to experiment with other recipes you've found tried and true, though...

Mix:
3 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup brown sugar

2 beaten eggs


Sift:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Combine all then add 1/2 cup melted shortening (and nuts... if your Picky likes nuts in his bread). Bake at 325F for 1 hour. Makes 1 loaf (or 6 small loaves).

The recipe doesn't specify a greased/ungreased pan. I go ungreased and it seems to turn out okay.

This is what it looks like when Mr. Picky (who DOESN'T LIKE end pieces) gets to it before I do. He also likes to see how much of the top bits he can scalp off before I come over and slap his little hand, as you can plainly see...

Hubby Score: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment