I adjusted this based on how it worked for us last night. I'm sure you COULD put 10 chicken breasts in there, but as there's only two of us, we added one BIG one diced up. This also would taste awesome without the chicken for the vegetarian at heart. :)
This is also a good way to use up leftovers, as it's got all sorts of random stuff you might find in your fridge.
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast (diced in chunks or strips)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, quartered (or in strips)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes (I used a leftover tomato half)
- 2 cups black olives (or one can- I cut them in half too)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- salt to taste
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Sprinkle with salt.
- In a large frying pan, brown chicken in oil. Combine cumin and cinnamon, and sprinkle over chicken. Add garlic and onion; cook until onion is soft. Add reserved pineapple juice, tomatoes, olives, and salsa. Cover, and simmer 25 minutes. (Yeah right- I didn't simmer for 25 min! 5-10 min. was just fine...)
- Mix cornstarch with water; stir into pan juices. Add bell pepper, and simmer until sauce boils and thickens. Stir in pineapple chunks, and heat through.
- Serve over rice.
HUBBY SCORE: * * * *