Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bran Muffins

- From my Mom

These may be an acquired taste for some, but when served warm and slathered in butter and honey, they're awesome. I could probably eat 6 of these in one sitting.
These are quite healthy too- a molasses sweetener instead of sugar- rock on. The worst part for me is shredding the carrots- I need to get a food processor someday.

1 egg
2 carrots, shredded

1/2 cup molasses

1/4 cup vegetable oil

1/2 cup flour
1 cup bran (crunched Bran Flakes work well)
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup tomato juice
(or one small can)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda


Combine ingredients and pour into muffin tin. Bake for 18 minutes at 400 F.
Yields 12 muffins.

At home I used to dump the ingredients in willy nilly, but I recently experimented with mixing the dries separately and adding to the rest of the ingredients already combined. The batter turned out more even- I think I'll proceed that way again in the future.



HUBBY SCORE: * * * 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment