Thursday, April 1, 2010

White Chili

- Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook, Esther Martin

3 15 oz. cans Great Northern bean, drained
8 oz. cooked and shredded chicken breasts (I used one 5 oz. can of chicken breast)
1 cup chopped onions
1 1/2 cups chopped yellow, red, or green bell peppers (I used one red)
2 jalapeno chili peppers, stemmed, seeded, and chopped (opt) (Skipped this entirely so I could enjoy it.)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
3 1/2 cups chicken broth (essentially two cans worth)
sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla chips

1. Combine all ingredients except sour cream, cheddar cheese, and chips in a slow cooker.
2. Cover. Cook on Low 8-10 hours or High 4-5 hours. (I did the Low version).
3. Ladle into bowls and top with sour cream cheddar cheese, and chips.

The little white floaty things in it are cottage cheese bits. Hope I didn't gross any of you out, but we were drastically low on sour cream and I had to improvise. Still quite good.

SO good. 4 stars from the Hubby AND my Dad and brother (I would personally give it 4.5). It makes 8 servings but there was only one spoonful to scrape out of the bottom for leftovers... I take it that means they all enjoyed it.

1 comment:

  1. pretty much this sounds amazing and it is what I will be making for Mondays dinner.

    ReplyDelete