Friday, March 26, 2010

Winter Squash and White Bean Stew

A Crock Pot Recipe!!
-From the "Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook"

1 cups chopped onions
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 garlic clove, minced
3 cups peeled butternut squash, cut into 3/4" cubes (or smaller!)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
19 oz. can cannellini beans, drained
14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro

1. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker
2. Cover Cook on High 1 hour. Reduce heat to Low and heat 2-3 hours (I say 3-4 hours. I don't like crunchy onions...)

This smells so dang good when it's done. I learned from this experience that I don't HATE cilantro, as long as it's cooked.
Quite good with cheese, and I'm sure it'd be rockin' with some sour cream.

Hubby and I both gave this 4 stars. Baby was quite fond of the cubes of squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment