Thursday, July 5, 2012

Goodbye Ranch Dressing

I'm not a HUGE ranch dressing fan.  In fact, I abhor bottled ranch, but restaurants seems to have good versions.  So the other night when I was making salads for dinner I decided to try a new dressing recipe.  The dressing tastes similar to ranch even though its not suppose to be a ranch dressing and was probably the best salad dressing I've ever had!!!  The best part is that its not that unhealthy.  The recipe said it would serve four but I generously put it on four salads and probably had enough dressing for two more.  If you divided over four salads the nutritional information would be : 83 calories, 5 carbs, 5g fat, 5g protein.  If you divided over six salads the nutritional information would be : 55 calories, 3 carbs, 4g fat, 4g protein.


In a small bowl combine: 
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1/3 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 clove garlic
black pepper to taste. 

Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment